Summary of the technology
Project ID : 14-2018-4648
Description of the technology
Colloidal heterostructure, semiconductors, nanocrystals
Current development stage
TRL4 Technology validated in lab
- Nanocrystals can be used as building blocks of nano-devices in diverse applications such as solid- state lighting, flat panel displays, solar energy conversion, opto-electronic devices and biomedical applications
- Colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals are a class of nanomaterials that manifest the transition from the molecular limit to the solid state.
A new architecture for colloidal semiconductor nanostructures (specific compositions) based on known semiconductor crystal growth mechanisms.
- Photocatalytically stable
- General method not limited to specific technology use
- Fabrication of heavy-metal free semiconductor nanocrystal heterostructures was demonstrated.
- It was shown that lattice mismatch between the different materials can impact useful chemical catalytic properties
- The formation of island morphology is critical for the technological beneficial properties of this system
- Heavy-metal free quantum dots and quantum materials
- Potentially effective in areas related to photochemistry, energy systems and phototherapy
- The architecture could be used as a photoinitiator for UV curing systems
SCOUTING, IDEATION, AND TECHNOLOGY EVALUATION
HUJI, Faculty of Science
The Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
About Yissum - Research Development Company of the Hebrew University
Technology Transfer Office from IsraelYissum - Research Development Company of the Hebrew University
Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Ltd. Founded in 1964 to protect and commercialize the Hebrew University’s intellectual property. Ranked among the top technology transfer companies, Yissum has registered over 8,900 patents covering 2,500 inventions; has licensed out 800 technologies and has spun-off 90 companies. Products that are based on Hebrew University technologies and were commercialized by Yissum generate today over $2 Billion in annual sales.