Summary of the technology
THE USE OF “INTEGRATED STRESS RESPONSE” ACTIVATORS FOR ENHANCING B7H6-TRAGETED TREATMENTS
Project ID : 6-2018-4573
Description of the technology
LifeSciences and BioTechnology
Immunotherapy, CAR-T, BiTe, Biomarker, Immunotherapy repositioning
Current development stage
TRL4 Technology validated in lab
We found and patented that approved drugs enhance the expression of NKp30 ligand. The upregulation is persistent and does not affect cell viability. We suggest to use this new modality as a combination therapy to improve efficacy of immune - therapies against broad range of cancers.
- A method to Reduce or eliminate toxicity and side effects of the currently available and approved therapies
- Off-patent, FDA-approved drugs with mild anti-cancer activity that can be added to the clinical protocol.
- Major advantage over using the existing, FDA approved compounds (HDAC inhibitors) and possibly other chemotherapeutics.
- Could be a very easily adopted as it is utilizing known and approved ISR inducing drugs.
- Our targeted ligand is expressed on approximately 20% of tumors including solid and hematopoietic malignancies.
- The endogenus expression is below detection in most normal cells. Thus, the ligand protein has emerged as an attractive target for cancer therapy, including but not restricted to the use of antibodies, BiTE and CAR-T applications.
- We have identified few approved drugs that works at pharmacological levels that enhance the ligand expression.
- Pretreatment with the approved drug may increase the ligand-tegeted immunotherapy
- The proposed modality has a great impact for the therapeutic Monoclonal Antibody Market applications
- Efficiency enhancement of currently limited application drugs against a variety of tumors without increased toxicity or side effects
- Broad range of new therapeutic approaches to various types of human cancers.
- New opportunities for the development of novel new combined therapy for a specific disease