Summary of the technology
Project ID : 6-2017-4448
Description of the technology
Cannabinoid Administration, Formulation, Drug Delivery, Novel Carriers, Transdermal Formulation, Nasal Formulation, Oral formulation
In-vivo proof of concept
Several patent applications – new technologies for various routes of administration
Improved effect of Cannabinoids which are administrated via different routes is a real need and has increasing demand
- There is a need for cannabinoids based products for treatment via various ways of administration (Nasal, Oral, Transdermal and Rectal), that are efficient and safe and show prolonged effective action.
- Currently, cannabinoids are administrated in capsules or sublingual sprayand the drug has only short action (a peak effect up to 4 hours with a median T max up to 2.5 hours).
- Cannabinoids are very lipophilic molecules. Hence, in order to bring them to a molecular state (dissolved)-- solvents like vegetable oils, glycols (propylene glycol) and ethanol are used.
- We have designed innovative cannabinoid formulations along the main routes of drug administration (dermal, nasal, oral and rectal) for treatment of various ailments: pain, neurological diseases, sleep, appetite, mood, anxiety, rheumatic arthritis, inflammatory diseases, and stress.
- Our new platform technologies for cannabinoids do not require oils or chemical solvents.
- Eco-friendly preparation process with no need of high heating or use of solvents.
- The inactive ingredients used in this new dosage form are approved for pharmaceutical use.
- The technology is adequate for various cannabinoids: CBD, THC, iso-THC, CBG, CBC, CBN, CBE, CBL, CBT and their mixtures or for plant extracts.
- In-vivo proof of concept
Innovative formulations and compositions for design and development of new cannabinoid products for treatment of a wide range of diseases.
- Innovative transdermal, nasal, oral and rectal technologies for the development of new efficient products of cannabinoids (CBD, THC, others) for treatment of various diseases
- Excipients approved for pharmaceutical use
- Eco-friendly processes
- Experiments in a pain using an animal model that adminestered cannabinoids in the new oral formulation show a very efficient and prolonged antinociceptive effect.
Seeking investment in new company or industrial collaboration for product development and clinical studies