Summary of the technology
The research group "Radiation and Sensing Group" of the University of Alcalá presents a system of non-destructive analysis of materials and structures, by spectral study of the indirect vibroacoustic excitations of the materials analyzed.
By means of this system it is possible to perform in situ the analysis of materials and structures without previous treatments, solving with that the need to use coupling liquids that the current ultrasonic based systems currently use.
The group seeks to reach licensing agreements, collaboration agreements or commercial agreements with technical assistance, with companies from the agrofood, pharmacy, construction, ceramics, wood, cork and other materials sectors.
Description of the technology
It is a system of analysis of the properties and defects of materials without specific treatment. That is the case of being able to detect defects hidden in pieces in the own line of production in real time or characterization of chemical and mechanical properties of the materials, roughly or manufactured. In addition, the system is applicable almost any type of material (fluid, solid or composite).
The proposed system consists of an isolated platform that allows the production of vibroacoustic signals by indirect impact on a resonant sheet capable of exciting the materials under study.
The excitation energy of the material is transferred by the impact vibration of a vibrating sheet to audible sound frequencies. The coupling between the material and the vibrating sheet will cause changes in the emission spectral characteristics of the vibrating sheet under normal conditions, whose analysis allows to determine the response of the material and its mechanical, chemical and structural characteristics.
The proposed system is constituted by:
1. A low-cost anti-vibration platform
2. Support structure of vibrating sheet made with the same material as the anti-vibration platform.
3. A square sheet of glass (vibrating sheet) whose vibration frequencies are in the audible range
4. Support platform for the microphone
5. Steel pendulum
6. Condenser microphone or electret
7. PC-type hardware equipment connected to the microphone to obtain the recorded data, with sound and audio processing software.
Intellectual property status
Patent already applied for
Patent application number : P201500541
Where : The patent has been requested on November 24, 2016 to the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office with reference P201500541.
Current development status
Desired business relationship
New technology applications
Adaptation of technology to other markets
Other : The group seeks to reach licensing agreements, collaboration agreements or commercial agreements with technical assistance, with companies from the agrofood, pharmacy, construction, ceramics, wood, cork and other materials sectors.
Universidad de Alcalá-OTRI
Research & Technology Organization
About Universidad de Alcalá-OTRI
Research & Technology Organization from SpainUniversidad de Alcalá-OTRI
The Technology Transfer Office at Alcalá University serves as a liaison between the University and its socioeconomic environment in terms of research and innovation. It encorages collaboration between research groups from universities and companies/institutions, with the objective to promote and commercialize research results and scientific capabilities.
Some of the services offered by this office are specified in the following list:
- Promotion of R & D and improvement of the relationships with companies.
- Promote the participation in R & D projects applicants to public calls (regional, national and European).
- Advising, processing and monitoring of patents and other forms of industrial protection.
- Support in the negotiation of contracts and agreements for R&D&i