Summary of the technology
The research group "Image, Metrics and Architecture" from the University of Alcalá along with the startup Voar has developed the tool for the diagnosis of pathologies in the construction by the images processing. The images are captured with digital, thermal imagers, with the use of drones and robots to enter to areas with difficult access and from them, the processing that facilitates the diagnosis is carried out with a software.
This tool is useful for conservation and maintenance companies of buildings, real estate corporations, insurance companies or certification to achieve collaboration and commercial agreements with technical assistance.
New and innovative aspects
- Application of image recognition techniques and Big Data in the building sector.
- Complete product to capture and process the information.
Moreover, the obligation to issue an Energy Efficiency report and the necessity to reduce costs in the management of public buildings is promoting the development of new technologies in the construction, under concepts such as Smart Cities.
Main advantages of its use
- Transform and automate the experience of the expert.
- Anticipate the construction deficiencies.
- Efficiency in the diagnosis.
Voar automates the identification and prevention processes of pathologies in buildings.
Currently, the building inspection is performed by architects and engineers through site visits, based on their expertise and knowledge with the support of some photographs and thermographic analysis. Sometimes, the deficiencies can be located in areas with difficult access (underground, hidden facades, roofs, etc.) therefore with an additional cost if it is necessary the use of elevators or specialized personnel.
The latest technologies regarding to motion sensors, presence and those of digital capture of images using digital vision allow to identify imperceptible aspects to humans such as pores, cracks, or colors. On its behalf, the image processing will allow to analyze differences in temperature, dimensional errors, failures of functionality, etc. Along with the support of Big Data, it will allow get quantitatively and quality information in an exponential rate to perform more efficient diagnostics. These techniques are being used in areas such as microbiology, meteorology, industrial manufacturing of parts, printed circuits, textile, food processing, etc.
Voar is a software tool for internet sales using the Software as a Service (SaaS), allowing the technicians track of their buildings pathologies with a wide reliability and speed.
Voar will offer the tool along with the training for its use as well as the subscription for its updating and the access to the largest pathologies database of the existing building.
- Application forthe diagnosis of the Building Pathologies
- Application for the conservation and maintenance companies of buildings, real estate corporations, insurance companies or certification to achieve collaboration and commercial agreements with technical assistance.
Intellectual property status
Secret know how
Current development status
Desired business relationship
The research group seeks to achieve commercial or cooperative agreements with companies of conservation and maintenance of buildings, real estate corporations, insurance or certification.
About Universidad de Alcalá-OTRI
Research & Technology Organization from SpainUniversidad de Alcalá-OTRI
The Technology Transfer Office at Alcalá University serves as a liaison between the University and its socioeconomic environment in terms of research and innovation. It encorages collaboration between research groups from universities and companies/institutions, with the objective to promote and commercialize research results and scientific capabilities.
Some of the services offered by this office are specified in the following list:
- Promotion of R & D and improvement of the relationships with companies.
- Promote the participation in R & D projects applicants to public calls (regional, national and European).
- Advising, processing and monitoring of patents and other forms of industrial protection.
- Support in the negotiation of contracts and agreements for R&D&i