Summary of the technology
Project ID : 36-2011-2703
Description of the technology
Computational Investment Strategies
Investment/ Collaboration Opportunity Highlights:
We are currently looking for potential partners in establishing hedge funds for our low risk (K-SoN), medium risk (KIM) and high risk (LSE) strategies with exclusivity on the Asian market.
We are looking for partners in marketing our option pricing software for users worldwide. The software is still in the “beta” version.
We are currently looking for an accounting firm as an R&D partner in the field of corporate risk management. Our goal is to use unique our algorithms to provide corporate leaders with a system that could warn them of potential risks and help them find strategies to avert them.
About the company
Sensotrade is a financial analysis company that uses multidisciplinary computational methods to provide superior portfolio attributes. Based on innovative ideas, such as algorithms originating from research in medicinal chemistry, Sensotrade builds equity specific trade strategies that are integrated into portfolio management algorithms. Sensotrade was formed in 2010, when a Hebrew University think tank sat together and discussed the attributes of problems in the financial industry and compared them to the current solutions offered in the fields of computational chemistry and bio-informatics.
After two years of intensive research, Sensotrade introduced three products for low risk, medium risk and high risk portfolios. Sensotrade currently continues its research with an effort on ranking financial derivatives.
Sensotrade offers a variety of products based on these algorithms:
- K-SoN – K-SoN is an investment product with a near-constant annual return which is not in correlation with the respective market.Based on different criteria and using K-SoN, Sensotrade establishes a portfolio of 5-25 stocks. The fundamental requirements for this portfolio are that it will be composed of stocks with a large trading volume and the ability to issue “short” commands. K-SoN delivers a complete solution resulting with a set of daily commands for trading of these stocks. K-SoN is a zero-money investment with a near-zero beta. Thus, for every $1 invested in a stock using a “long” strategy, in parallel, an additional $1 is invested using a “short” strategy.
- KIM – KIM is an investment product which yields an annual return that is higher than any related respective index, without additional risks.As in K-SoN, in the case of KIM, Sensotrade establishes a portfolio of 5-25 stocks. While as in K-SoN, there is a fundamental requirement for a large trading volume, yet there is no requirement to issue “short” commands. Consequently, KIM is in a higher correlation with the respective market/s.
- LSE – LSE is a long-short investment product with a significantly higher return than any related respective index; the additional risks are more than compensated with the additional return.Similar to the cases of KIM/K-SoN, Sensotrade establishes a portfolio of 4 stocks every day, out of a pool of 5-25 stocks. The fundamental requirements are a large trading volume and the ability to issue “short” commands. LSE is a zero-money investment with little correlation to the market. Just like in the case of K-SoN for every $1 invested in a stock using a “long” strategy, in parallel, an additional $1 is invested using a “short” strategy.
- TAS – Using this product, a daily “power ranking” of a stock is received. These rankings are used as one of the basic blocks for KIM / K-SoN, the advantage of this product is its ability to supply good results for smaller volumes as well.
- Sensotrade’s Simulators – Using the simulators, a stock / bond / commodity can be bounded for a medium time span, ranging from 5 to 60 trading days. Unlike KIM / K-SoN, the simulators do not supply a whole solution, but a decision assisting tool.
For more information and performance records, please visit:
Please contact us for more information regarding the development stages of our various products.
For research and development:
Amit Michaeli, firstname.lastname@example.org C.R.O.
Tal Kramer, email@example.com C.E.O. and C.T.O.
VP Business Dev. Computer Science & IT Director
HUJI, School of Pharmacy
Medicinal chemistry & Natural products
HUJI, School of Business Administration
About Yissum - Research Development Company of the Hebrew University
Technology Transfer Office from IsraelYissum - Research Development Company of the Hebrew University
Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Ltd. Founded in 1964 to protect and commercialize the Hebrew University’s intellectual property. Ranked among the top technology transfer companies, Yissum has registered over 8,900 patents covering 2,500 inventions; has licensed out 800 technologies and has spun-off 90 companies. Products that are based on Hebrew University technologies and were commercialized by Yissum generate today over $2 Billion in annual sales.