Summary of the technology
BriefCam is an early stage start-up company, established to develop and commercialize video synopsis, summarization and indexing technology. The initial technology of video synopsis was developed at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and is licensed by BriefCam.
Project ID : 26-2008-2107
Description of the technology
Browse Hours in Minutes
Investment/ Collaboration Opportunity Highlights:
- Founded – December 31, 2007
- Operations commence – mid-2008
- First funding round – March 2009 (lead investor: Aviv Venture Capital)
- N. American sales office opened – November 2009
- Sales commenced – 2010
- IFSEC Security Industry Award – May 2010
- Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award – September 2010
- Shanghai sales office opened – January 2011
- ASIS Accolades award – September 2011
- Second funding round – February 2011 (lead investor; Rimage, Inc.)
- Israel HLS Award – November 2012
About the company
BriefCam® is a developer and provider of systems for the rapid review, analysis and indexing of surveillance camera feed using Video Synopsis®, a novel image processing technology.
BriefCam meets the unfulfilled global need to browse video, investigate and identify incidents rapidly, and take action. BriefCam’s Video Synopsis technology replaces the inefficient, expensive “fast forward” method of manually reviewing video footage.
Video Synopsis is a patented image-processing technology, developed at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which creates a summary of the original full length video. BriefCam can provide a complete representation of all events occurring during hours of video footage in a condensed clip as short as a few minutes long. The synopsis presents simultaneously the multiple objects and activities that happened at different times – with an index to the original source video; whether streamed video feed or recorded archival footage -- for on-the-spot event tracking, forensics and evidence discovery.
BriefCam, for the first time, makes Total Video Review possible, turning a review of daily events into an integral part of the ongoing security routine.
BriefCam products interface with a wide range of DVR/NVRs, advanced IP cameras and complement existing surveillance solutions.
- VS Forensics - Standalone Video Synopsis for rapid post-event investigation
- VS Enterprise - Video Synopsis On-Demand (integrated or embedded) for on-site investigation and proactive surveillance.
- VS Forensics -http://briefcam.com/products/briefcam-vs-forensics/
- VS Enterprise -http://briefcam.com/products/briefcam-vs-enterprise/
- Development Milestones
- Version 1.3 – March 2010
- Version 2.3 – August 2011
- Planned for 2013 – BriefCam® with Smart Synopsis™