Summary of the technology
see ftp library
Project ID : 23-2006-1700
Description of the technology
Technology for converting natural fruit pulp, vegetable protein, honey etc. into semisolid food products
Food and Nutrition, Processes
Several products based on various fruits, honey, chocolate and other ingredients have been developed
Know-how based project (no patent)
New natural products for the fruit-based products, snacks, yoghourt, baking, and ice cream markets
- Process turns pasteurized and preserved fruit pulp into fresh or dry products with a variety of textures. Provides control of texture and nutritional value. Improves the appearance, physical properties and shelf life.
- Hydrocolloids used for texturization of the fruit mixture remain a small to negligible percentage of the final product
- Hydrocolloids with different functional properties are selected to suit manufacturing conditions and processes in order to tailor the texture
The process enables fruit pulp or other natural ingredients to be made into products with predetermined texture. Control of product texture and thermostability is maintained by inclusion of different water soluble polymers. Can be carried out under a variety of acidic conditions and can withstand certain treatments at different temperatures, such as baking or freezing and thawing.
- Natural food products made from fruits and vegetables – with or without added sugar and other food additives
- Can make semisolid pieces of any size, shape or texture for various purposes
- Ability to confer properties that produce sensation in the mouth of eating juicy fruit
- Enables mimicking of seasonal fruits for year-round use
- Future work includes texturizing pulp and other natural ingredients to meet the needs of the food industry.Excess fruits and vegetables, or even meats, protein, etc. may be texturized into novel food products.
- May be used for fruit pie fillings and special food products, as nutritious garnishes, texturized fruit and vegetable pieces in breakfast cereals, texturized potato and onion products for frying and roasting and for fruit bars and natural snacks.