Fibers usually are damaged and/or modified by water and humidity, we want to protect them of a shape change, by repeling wàter, in order to preserve their properties.
We are looking for a Raw Material that can be mixed with other materials during a production process or for a finished product ready to be used as such. Ideally, a Raw Material supplier has a chemical compound of these properties to offer. If not, we will also be open to 1) get a license agreement, 2) acquire the product technology and/or 3) initiate a Joint Development.
Details of the Technology Call
It should repel water or make a fiber become waterproof.
It should be soluble in an aqueous system preferibly, or, otherwise, in an anhidrous system.
It should be safe for use in contact with human skin.
- The material should protect and/or isolate fibers from water and humidity.
- The chemical compound should be made in industrial scale, and have a reasonable cost so that it does not add a big cost to the finished product.
- The material should ideally not be legally forbidden in any country; otherwise, should be legally in the European Union.
- The chemical composition must be safe for use in contact with human skin.
Possible solution areas
- Solutions may come from textile, gas, automotive, cosmetics, health industry, confectionery, food industry…
Previously attempted solutions (discarded)
- VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer and Polyquaternium-55: both products work for humidity but not under water conditions.