PepsiCo is seeking breakthrough solutions for packaging to drive innovation pipelines with a focus on the China market. The innovations will be applied to product categories from potato chips, seaweed chips, granola, instant oatmeal, powdered drinks, retorted grains meal, freeze-dried yoghurt cube, etc.
Key focus areas include
- Premium Film Visual Effect: We are looking for a breakthrough printing or ink technology on a flexible bag which could:
- Deliver an extra sensorial experience – including visual/touch/aroma effects.
- Create fun and offer young consumers with a novel experience, such as a photochromic ink, which could visualize the hidden artwork when exposed to UV light
- A Novelty packaging solution: We are looking for:
- A special functional feature to enhance the consumer experience or extend the consumption occasions for both snack and grain category such as:
- Easy dosing solution for grain packaging
- Easy tearing /opening
- Portable packaging (On the go solution)
- Other functionality
- Novel packaging formats or shapes beyond the classic pillow bag for the snack category
2. Omni, Channel and Customer Pack
- Packaging Solutions for Gifting: We are looking for limited editions for key Chinese occasions/events (i.e. Chinese New Year, Middle Autumn, Dragon Boat, etc.). The focus can be Eastern-style design with format, artwork, material or culture
- Omni Channel Solutions: We are looking for a breakthrough packaging solution to create a selling occasion on new channel and E-commerce.
- Customer Pack: We are looking for some quick display solutions (PDQ) for hyper customers
- We are looking for novel packaging solutions on formats or materials which could offer a new business opportunity by entrance to the low tier market.
- Advanced beyond conceptual stage
- Packaging must be approved for use with foods
- Ease of use by consumers
- Cost implications need to be known
- Recyclability must be known
Past work and Out of Scope List
Well known solutions in the food industry (snack and cereal categories)
Preferred Collaboration Types
PepsiCo is open to a range of collaboration types.