The proposal should contain chemically identical alternatives to the specified emollients (see attached document) from a renewable feedstock. The physical properties of these emollients are highly desired for the end-use applications, therefore alternatives should be comparable with regards to physical properties.
Details of the Technology Call
- Viscosity: measured by a rheometer with a 40 mm cone plate and 2° cone angle
- Density: measured on a DMA 4500 with a flexural resonator and viscosity correction for viscosity<700 mPas
- Surface and interfacial tension: measured with a Krüss K100 tensiometer, ring method, radius: 9.545 mm, wire diameter 0.37 mm, immersion depth 3.00 mm
These are the key physical parameters that is used to short-list possible candidates, however further development tests are required to determine compatibility with the respective formulas and sensory aspects.
- Mineral oils
- Hybrids such as iso-propyl esters with the iso-alcohol petrochemical derived
- Oils with a strong odour and colour
- Genetically modified feed
- Oils containing traces of mineraol oil derived compounds such as mineral oil saturated hydrocarbon (MOSH) and mineral oil aromatic hydrocarbon (MOAH)