As a participant of the upcoming symposium “2nd GCCIR Matchmaking Symposium” organized by Innoget and GCCIR next November 25th, 2019 in Barcelona (Spain), the company Lim Geomatics Alberta Inc. is seeking European partners to meet at the Barcelona event to develop a joint collaboration project.
Lim Geomatics is specifically interested in European partners with demonstrable experience with developing Industrial IoT sensors with machine vision capabilities, robotics and in-field communications to complement Lim Geomatics’ expertise in geomatics and IT. Further details are described below.
In case you are interested in meeting Lim Geomatics in Barcelona to discuss a potential collaboration, please register for free to the symposium clicking the “Register to the symposium” button above.
Lim Geomatics is an industry-leading GIS software development company that specializes in building web and mobile GIS applications powered by remotely sense data (e.g. airborne laser scanning) and focused on decision support for the forestry sector and other natural resources sector, such as oil and gas.
Lim Geomatics Is considered an industry leader in GIS, remote sensing and information technology, and works for many of the world’s largest forestry companies around the world.
The company developed the Forestry Geospatial Platform (FGP) to support forestry companies with their day-to-day forest management and operations. The goal of the FGP is to provide a forestry company with full insight into its timber harvesting supply chain. The FGP is comprised of multiple solutions, each targeting and solving a specific forestry business problem, and is based on enterprise GIS technology:
- AFRIDS is a web-based decision support tool that allows foresters to leverage forest inventory data derived from airborne laser scanning in support of forest planning activities.
- Op Tracker tracks the heavy machinery used in forest operations and quantifies the productivity of these machines using sensor technology.
- Op Tracker for Transport is a fleet telematics solution that provides big data analytics that enables companies to understand network performance and in turn, payment models.
- Prism is a fully configurable timber cruising mobile application that eliminates the need for paper, thereby ensuring wood volume analytics and reports are ready as soon as field data collection is completed.
- FMS is an enterprise forest management system of record for forestry data sourced from multiple data sources and streams including those from the FGP solutions and other third-party ones.
Lim Geomatics intends to develop several more solutions for its FGP, but the development of these solutions required partners that have technical expertise in Industrial IoT, machine vision, robotics and in-field communications.
Lim Geomatics is looking to partner with companies that have technical expertise in areas for which it does not. Collaboration with a company interested in co-innovation would enable Lim Geomatics to develop new technologies related to Industrial IoT and machine vision (AI) for its target markets and clients that would be step-change in nature instead of simply incremental.
Lim Geomatics already has a project idea for co-development that would be focused on smart forestry and further digitizing the timber harvesting supply chain to provide situational awareness and actionable insight.
Preferences / Requirements for Potential European Partner(s)
The following are the important aspects Lim Geomatics is looking for in a European partner:
- Lim Geomatics is looking for partner companies with demonstrable experience with developing Industrial IoT sensors with machine vision capabilities for detection and classification for use in disconnected rugged environment while being possibly mounted on unmanned robotics platforms.