As a participant of the upcoming symposium “GCCIR Matchmaking Symposium” organized by the GCCIR and Innoget next 19 November 2018 in Barcelona (Spain), the company Baseband Technologies Inc. is seeking for European partners to meet at the Barcelona event to develop a joint R&D project.
Baseband Technologies is the leading software-based low power GPS receiver research house. While Baseband Technologies’ core strength has been in advanced GPS algorithmic research and development, the company is currently working to combine blockchain and GPS technologies for the next generation location-based applications.
Using Baseband Technologies’ receiver technologies, location-based products can obtain rapid GPS position fixes using extremely low power. The same ultra-low power technology is ideally suited for Wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) products that find standard GPS chipsets too power hungry.
Ahead of the GCCIR Matchmaking Symposium, Baseband Technologies is looking for multiple partners to spearhead the development of an elegant blockchain architecture and then integrating the company’s technology into different use cases. Baseband’s ultimate goal is to offer token sales in the form of an ICO in the near future which will likely be held in the EU due to its friendlier regulations.
In case you are interested in meeting Baseband Technologies Inc. at the Barcelona event to discuss a potential collaboration, please register for free to the symposium through the orange button provided above.
Baseband Technologies’ Ultra Low-Power GPS receiver technology adds geolocation function to small battery operated devices without impacting the battery life Compared to standard GPS chipsets, Baseband’s receiver consumers a fraction of the energy by utilizing two in-house developed patents to:
- Capture a position using as little as 2 milliseconds and,
- Predict satellite orbits using an advanced 28 Day extended Ephemeris algorithm.
In terms of product life cycle, the company’s current ultra-low power GPS technology is in the Technology Demonstration stage where they have already attracted two well-known chip manufacturers and a few consumer/industrial electronics manufacturers to integrate their receiver into their products. The company anticipates a worldwide product launch from one of these companies within the next 3 months and production will begin in Q2 2019.
In this way, Baseband’s next push is to add blockchain features to their ultra-low power GPS technology to solve a critical location-based problem that can be used for multiple market segments..
Baseband has created a cutting-edge concept using the latest technological achievements and proprietary GPS techniques that operate at the intersection of Internet of Things and blockchain. To realize the company’s vision, they are looking for multiple partners to spearhead the development of an elegant blockchain architecture and then integrating the company’s technology into different cases. In particular, Baseband is looking for multiple partners to participate in the following areas:
- Blockchain developers
- Blockchain architectural design
- Logistics & supply chain
- Personal identity
- Asset tracking
- Geolocation games
- MCU (microcontroller) manufacturers
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Asset tracking
Preferences / Requirements for Potential European Partner(s)
The following are the important aspects Baseband Technologies is looking for a potential European partner.
As a potential partner:
· You are a great software architect with a strong technical background in blockchain technologies. Your management and organizational skills translate ambitious problems and stakeholder requirements into a coherent and innovative technical concept supported by proof of concept code and followed by large-scale implementations. Your technical insight as well as entrepreneurial drive will help build the team to develop dAPPs, open source software, APIs and SKDs in a fast-paced environment.
· You constantly identify and evaluate emerging blockchain technologies, your role will be crucial to refine the team’s blockchain strategy going forward.
· You should be motivated to solve a critical location-based problem that is massive and knowing full well that the reward for doing so is to become a global player to serve a trillion dollar market.
· You should be intellectually curious and be able to learn quickly to integrate multi-disciplinary fields. You know that working on cutting-edge problems in a new field means constantly learning, staying fresh, and collecting insights and ideas from many different sources.
· You should be motivated not just by building status quo software, but by discovering new ideas and pushing the state of the art forward.
· You possess professional demeanor, excellent work ethic and outstanding communication skills to articulate complex ideas that could impact performance, security, or scalability in the future.
· You will lead and/or participate within a distributed team that spans across the globe in multiple time zones and cultures via video or online tools.
· You have a strong sense of ownership and passion to build quality products for massive scale in a collaborative and agile environment. Your strong desire to cultivate a developer culture that is transparent, supportive, and focused on delivery encourages a productive, healthy, happy and stimulated team.
· Your role as one of the technical evangelists will give occasional talks and/or writing articles to attract wider community interest as part of our ICO strategy.
YOU MUST HAVE:
· A deep understanding of ledgers, consensus methods, public/side/private blockchains and cryptocurrencies in general.
· Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, cryptography and data security, and decentralized technologies.
· A deep understanding of cryptography principles of blockchain technologies, symmetric/asymmetric, public/private (PKI), hash functions and encryption/signatures etc..
· Built and released distributed applications on the Bitcoin, EOS, Ethereum or Hyperledger blockchain with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and high performance.
· Designed, developed or supported decentralized, blockchain and cryptographic software solutions to connect the blockchain with the physical world.
· Hands-on experience in creating blockchain frameworks and business applications, including dApps, smart contracts and custom tokens.
· Deep understanding of mainstream consensus algorithm such as PoW, PoR, PoS, DPoS, PBFT, Paxos, Raft, smart contracts etc..
· Worked with development teams to ensure reliable transfer of technology.
NICE TO HAVE:
· Game theory, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, theoretical computer science, security background.
· Hands-on experience with distributed storage such as IPFS, RDBMS and NoSQL etc..
· Experience with defining or evaluating token economic, ICO and airdrop models.
· Deployed product on cloud-based infrastructure, provided assistance to create test and deployment plans, product improvement and other project direction.
· Managed or maintained blockchain/cloud infrastructure.
· Strong coding skills with multiple computer languages including C, C++, JAVA, Python, Go and Solidity etc..
· Previous work contributing to open source blockchain projects.
· Experience working within a technology start up environment.
· UI & UX design.