We are searching for processes that produce precisely shaped 3D parts (see example in picture) from given adhesive formulation (solvent-borne, water-based or hotmelt).
Details of the Technology Call
Today, specific shapes are manufactured through a coating process where the adhesive is spread onto a web and subsequently die cut into the desired shape. We are looking for alternative processes with less complexity, fewer production steps and lower waste generation. The ability to bring adhesives in their final shape during the forming process seems promising to surpass these disadvantages and leads to an enourmos cost advantage and improved environmental footprint.
- Possibility to form 3D shaped parts
- Adhesive thickness 100 – 1500 µm +/- 10%
- Precision in x/y direction 50µm - 1mm
Nice to have:
- Match of adhesive systems (Hotmelt, waterborne dispersion, solvent-borne systems)
- Roll to roll process is a next possible step
- Scale-up as possible next step
- The final production process should be able to produce at least 4000 parts per hour
Must not have:
- Waste rate of more than 10 %
Possible solution areas
- Injection moulding: Filling of a negative mold with adhesive
- Jet printing: contactless printing of micro drops to form the final shape
- Other form and fill processes inspired by the food, construction, apparel or other industries
- Multiple process steps
Previously attempted solutions (discarded)
- Die cutting processes
- Web printing processes (Screen printing, Gravure printing, Flexo printing)
Large Enterprise from European UnionOrganization from European Union
We are an industrial and consumer oriented company with global presence. Our customized adhesive tape solutions for the Electronics and Automotive markets are highly R&D driven. We are one of the three world-wide active adhesive tape companies and market leader in selected application fields.
Technology Calls on Innoget are directly posted and managed by its members as well as evaluation of proposals.
Innoget is the trusted open innovation and science network aimed at directly connect industry needs with professionals online.