New/novel technologies to reduce sugar content (or removing added sugar completely) and optimize sweetness in dairy products, without losing taste or texture, while minimizing cost impact, preferably by implementing natural solutions.
Details of the Technology Call
Nourishing by nature is the core of FrieslandCampina's activities, striving for better nutrition for the world, a good income for our farmers, now and in the future. One of our goals is to reduce the sugar content of our dairy products worldwide.
Description of the need
We are interested in evaluating new/novel technologies to reduce sugar content (or removing added sugar completely) and optimize sweetness, without losing taste or texture, while minimizing cost impact, preferably by implementing natural solutions. Typical product applications in scope are dairy based beverages, yoghurts, desserts, sweetened condensed milk, cream products and (instant) powders.
What we know already
We are aware of sweetness modulating flavour ingredients that enhance the sweet perception of foods.
Submission evaluation criteria
Submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Probability of success, based on overall scientific and technological strength of the proposed solution
- Potential for a proprietary position (novel / patentable technology)
- Potential economic value
- Operational complexity (supply chain implications, costs, investments)
- Capabilities and experience of the organisation
- Expected timescale for scale-up and commercialisation