Product Development Associate Scientist - Pepsi Lipton Joint Venture
Step up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential when your determination meets our dynamic culture!
Pepsi Lipton is a Joint Venture formed between PepsiCo and Unilever in order to capitalize on growth of the ready-to-drink tea segment. It is a global business worth more than 3.0 billion USD today and consisting of four core brands: Lipton, Brisk, Pure Leaf, and Tazo. Our vision is to expand our global leadership and enter new benefit areas with current and additional brands. This role will support the Pepsi Lipton Americas R&D team developing refresh, reframe and breakthrough innovation for North America and Latin America.
- Perform all activities in a safe manner and within the context of all PepsiCo safety protocols, maintaining GMP in laboratory, pilot plant, and factory settings
- Conduct and document product development lab work, including development of bench top prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and pilot plant/commercial scale-up trials
- Accurately prepare laboratory beverages and concentrates and submit samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Create and ensure accuracy of product specification documents
- Possess ability to conduct experiments, analyze data and make recommendations to address technical challenges
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including timely and accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks and active communication of status of research
- Demonstrate ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Supply Chain, Engineering, and others
- Partner with R&D disciplines such as Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Nutrition, and Regulatory to ensure a robust, safe and legal product design
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to think critically & analytically
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Ability to self-initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support the individuals of the workgroup
- Outstanding time management, team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Strong commitment to working safely and maintaining a safe work environment
- Ability to flawlessly execute laboratory bench work and pilot-plant scale-ups
- Must be well-organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning
- Must possess ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, One Note; Project a plus)
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Food Science, Food Engineering, or related discipline
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of emerging consumer trends
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationships with business partners
- Occasional flexibility in working hours to setup and complete focus groups, product expos, pilot plant scaleups, or plant trials that may extend past typical working hours
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Percent Travel: 10-15% (domestic & international)
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Food & Beverages